[Freeswitch-users] Status of ubuntu/debian packages.

William King quentusrex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:08:27 PDT 2009

Just to give everyone an update. There are working Ubuntu packages in a
launchpad ppa. Debian users can add the ppa to their apt sources and
build the package on your box. I'm currently using the packages on my
home box and it is working great.

Alright. I'm looking for people who want to use the packages. There are
built packages for Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, and I'm working on 9.10 as
well.  I'm building two apt repos. One will have nightly builds and the
other will be for tagged releases, plus any major bug fixes.

Thanks to Frank, we now have everything split out into separate files
for everything. This is to try to reduce the amount of stuff you 'have'
to download by default. We have the en-us-callie sounds packaged at 8k,
16k, 32k, and 48k, we also have packaged the russian-elena and music on
hold at the same qualities. If there are other languages, or voices I'd
be more than happy to package them. I just need the 48k. Also we have
separated the packages out so you can specify which mods you want, such
as mod_perl, mod_python, mod_lua are all separate so you can install
them if you want.

nightlies:
https://launchpad.net/~pbxbuntu-drivers/+archive/ppa

tagged releases:
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/ppa

The tagged released packages will start with the 1.0.5 tagged release
which some say should be coming out soon.

Any one who would like to help out feel free to sign up with a launchpad
account, and request to join the driver team of either or both ppa's.

Once we have some people using the packages, and testing them, I have
already talked to some of the ubuntu official package maintainers about
what would need to be done to add freeswitch into the ubuntu multiverse
repo.

Any questions?

-William King (quentusrex)