[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal segmentation fault error

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Sep 9 14:23:15 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Rogelio Perez <rogelio.perez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> My FS setup was working smoothly with mod_opal enabled until I had to
> rebuild everything from scratch.
> Now I have compiled everything following the same procedure (I even
> have a script for that) and mod_opal stopped working.
> The SVN commands are:
>
> svn co https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/ptlib/
> trunk ptlib
> svn co
> https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/opal/branches/v3_6
>  opal
>
> ...and the compilation commands follow the documentation isntructions
> and there are no output errors.
> I start FS with mod_opal disabled and then when I run "load mod_opal"I
> get the error: Segmentation fault (core dumped).
> The log output shows nothing, and I see there are core.xxxxx files on
> the FS directory but I dont know how to read them.
> Any ideas?

Visit these pages for information on how to collect a backtrace and open a
JIRA bug report:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Debugging_Freeswitch#Loading_FreeSWITCH_in_GDB

Before you file a bug report make sure that you update FS to latest SVN and
also use the buildopal.sh file to rebuild opal and ptlib. Use "make current"
to get your FS updated cleanly to the latest SVN and then try opal. If it
still segs then open the bug report in the MODOPAL section. (
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/MODOPAL)

Join us on IRC if you have more questions on all this.
-MC