[Freeswitch-users] XML Dial Plan vs Language Modules

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 4 00:32:50 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Muhammad Shahzad <
shaheryarkh at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much. Of course we are not doing a blind translation, but at
> the very basic we will need to get and set certain variable at different
> stage of call processing.
>

> Another question in same context, Can we do post-hangup call processing? I
> mean like in Asterisk, we have extension "h" which is called after hangup.
> Can you guide a bit how to do it in FS? Does FS has any such special
> extensions?
>
> Thank you.

Yes, you can post hangup processing. See the wiki channel_variables page and
look at "api_hangup_hook" for more information. Just know that it can get
tricky to try and post-process calls from right inside the dialplan. In most
cases we recommend using the event socket and having absolute control over
the call, including what happens at hangup. Lua is especially good at this.

-MC