[Freeswitch-users] NOT in dialplan expression

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Oct 21 17:02:29 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Mark Campbell-Smith <
mcampbellsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Guys for your suggestions!  Very much appreciated.
>
> The reason I asked was that I want to check if a variable is set or
> not.  I don't think your suggestions will work because I actually have
> to check to see an undefined variable.  Any way to do this?

Not in the dialplan itself. Better off using a script for this.

> I want to have the same extension for checking digits read from DTMF.
> The problem is that the digits are not set to the variable until the
> transfer statement, which means I would require 2 extensions.   It
> will make things simpler if I can have the same extension that reads
> the digits and then checks them.

You need either to use multiple extensions or use a script. The dialplan was
specifically designed not to be a programming language and the functionality
you seek is best served by using a script or by using transfer to drop the
call through the diaplan again and use another extension.
-MC