[Freeswitch-users] FS Slide deck?

Karl Vesterling kjv at ken-ton.com
Tue Oct 13 15:59:36 PDT 2009

If that's the case, does this also apply to VoIP gateway services?

If so, I'll consider phrasing this differently:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Voicepulse.xml
--begin--
Voicepulse Warning

WARNING!!! Recent changes (Sep 2008) in VoicePulse have limited
connect03 to only IAX termination. Please remove any entries that you
may have reflecting the gateway below from your dialplan as it will
most likely answer the call and play a message saying something to the
effect of "Your call could not be completed as dialed because we
changed our production environment in an effort to demonstrate what
bad engineering is all about. BAD is an acronymn for Broken As
Designed. Please hang up and make changes on all your switches. Even
though we shouldn't have answered the call and simply ignored it
entirely so that another gateway could facilitate your call, we FELT
it wise to seriously inconvenience you by answering the call
immediately giving no other gateway a chance to place the call. Thanks
for using our service and we look forward to abusing you again in the
near future.
UPDATE - Problem getting worse, not better 3/30/2009. I switched DID
providers because of problems w/ Voicepulse, such as echo, dropped
calls, and consistent registration problems hence calls don't get
placed and inbound don't get routed to me. Incidentally, they will not
port DID's, they'll tell you they will, but they don't.
--end--

Perhaps just saying, "stay away, far far away. Recommend this service
only to people and/or organizations you don't like or are in direct
competition with" would suffice eh?

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Best Regards,
Karl J. Vesterling