[Freeswitch-users] NAT problems - sorry

Andy andy at fabulous4.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 06:11:24 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I know this problem comes up all the time so sorry to bring it up again but
I can't seem to find the answer in previous posts.

I have my freeswitch installation behind a DLink firewall so the freeswitch
server is natted. I have added what I believe are all the necessary rules to
the firewall to handle SIP correctly and the firewall isn't showing any
blocked traffic when calls come in. Calls are forwarded to my public ip
address from my VOIP provider Voiptalk. Here's the problem:

Incoming calls are successfully forwarded to the freeswitch server and
answered.
I can hear the IVR message played down the phone line so outgoing audio is
ok.
When I try to send DTMF key presses from my phone none of these register on
the switch.
When I hangup the call the call hangup is also not picked up by the switch.

I have followed the auto-nat instrcutions and have verified that the switch
correctly grabs and sets the external ip address. I have also tried setting
the external ip address manually but without success.

Can anyone offer any guidance as to what might be causing this problem or
what I could try to resolve it? I can post log/config snippets if that
helps.

Many thanks
Andy