[Freeswitch-users] Problems with sighup and rotating csv files

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:57:47 PST 2009

did you really mean 1.0.4pre7 ?  We are now on pre release of 1.0.5 so I
cannot really debug such an old version so you may want to install one of
the newer version first before you report an issue and when you do use our
issue tracker not this mailing list http://jira.freeswitch.org be sure to
answer all the questions carefully when filing the report.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM, katarina djakovic
<kdjakovic at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
> I am using the Freeswitch 1.0.4pre7. Great application, but I encountered a
> problem wich I can not solve since I am very new to it.
> Two things are happening.
> 1) The mod_cdr_csv.c (line 122 do_rotate()) does not always respond to
> sighup signal to rotate the cdr-csv files. Some times it happens and some
> times it does not. I can not see any pattern in the behaviour. Seems that
> sometimes functions in the mod_cdr_csv.c catch the signal and some times
> they do not.
>
> 2) Playing with the "kill -HUP fspid" all of a sudden I started getting two
> freeswitch processes in the process list. One being parent of another.
> Then, when I send the sighup signal to the parent - the console dies off
> and the other freeswitch process stays (leaving the comment "Hangup" in the
> fsconsole). Freeswitch conitnues to work with the remaining process.
> In case when I send the sighup to the child, it will rotate the log files.
> However, it always rotates the freeswitch.log, but randomly rotates the
> cdr-csv files.
>
> 3) I have a feeling that above behaviours are somehow connected, but do not
> understand how.
>
> Anyone can help?
> Any comment or idea will be very very much apreciated.
> Cheers,
> Katarina

> Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
> Facebook.<http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009>

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/