[Freeswitch-users] Problems with sighup and rotating csv files

katarina djakovic kdjakovic at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:46:13 PST 2009

Hi,
I am using the Freeswitch 1.0.4pre7. Great application, but I encountered a problem wich I can not solve since I am very new to it.
Two things are happening.
1) The mod_cdr_csv.c (line 122 do_rotate()) does not always respond to sighup signal to rotate the cdr-csv files. Some times it happens and some times it does not. I can not see any pattern in the behaviour. Seems that sometimes functions in the mod_cdr_csv.c catch the signal and some times they do not.

2) Playing with the "kill -HUP fspid" all of a sudden I started getting two freeswitch processes in the process list. One being parent of another.
Then, when I send the sighup signal to the parent - the console dies off and the other freeswitch process stays (leaving the comment "Hangup" in the fsconsole). Freeswitch conitnues to work with the remaining process.
In case when I send the sighup to the child, it will rotate the log files. However, it always rotates the freeswitch.log, but randomly rotates the cdr-csv files.

3) I have a feeling that above behaviours are somehow connected, but do not understand how.

Anyone can help?
Any comment or idea will be very very much apreciated.
Cheers,
Katarina