[Freeswitch-users] TFTP Server & Cisco 7540

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Thu Nov 19 08:46:50 PST 2009

Metik,

thanks a lot for the tip, I will certainly look at it, particularly if it
does DHCP too.

At the moment, I use my ADSL Router to provide DHCP to the network but I've
just discovered that you can't configure options in its DHCP server to point
to the TFTP server for the phone. At the moment, I have to have the phone
set to a static IP address to be able to configure the TFTP server address
which is not as flexible as using DHCP. I had thought about changing over to
use Windows Server DHCP services but it sounds like ttpd32 would do the
trick.

I just need to decide whether I want all of my machines to rely on getting
their IP address from another PC - it feels like having DHCP in the router
is more robust.

Regards
Dave