[Freeswitch-users] SIP trunk without authentication

Sergey Kobzar sergey.kobzar at mail.ru
Wed Nov 11 14:33:52 PST 2009

Mathieu, thanks for the help. I got external oubound calls working.
The things are simpler then I expected.

This is my configuration:

  <extension name="domestic.test">
    <condition field="${toll_allow}" expression="domestic"/>
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d{7,})$">
      <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}"/>
      <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}"/>
      <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$1 at sip.trunk.gradwell.com"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

I still have 2 questions:

1. Users must type '9' at the beginning, which means this is external
   call and it must go out through VoIP provider. My config:
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(9\d{7,})$">
      <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$1 at sip.trunk.gradwell.com"/>

   But I see that 9 still exists.

2. Ideally each internal number must have external one. In other words
   ${outbound_caller_id_number} must be mapped to int. number. Where
   can I do this?

P.S. I try to move from Asterisk + Cisco CME to FreeSWITCH and use FS
default configuration for testing.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 11:43:04 PM, Mathieu wrote:

> As easy as:
> <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$
> {destination_number}@ip_address_here" />

> in your dialplan. If you want to make a gateway out of it, you can
> enter whatever you want in username and password since they won't be
> used. (SIP works using challenge authentication which means the remote
> UA has to send you a packet requesting the credentials).

> Mathieu Rene
> Avant-Garde Solutions Inc
> Office: + 1 (514) 664-1044 x100
> Cell: +1 (514) 664-1044 x200
> mrene at avgs.ca

> On 10-Nov-09, at 1:27 PM, Sergey Kobzar wrote:

>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm FS newbie and want connect it to SIP provider which does not
>> require authentication - it make authentication using my IP.
>>
>> I've searched through FS documentation and didn't find clear answer.
>>
>> Could you help me or maybe give a link to a doc which can help?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Sergey

Sergey