[Freeswitch-users] Cordless VOIP Phones

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Nov 9 12:23:05 PST 2009

I agree about the M3.  I have the handset and it is not ergonomic at all.

I also have a Siemens A580-IP.  It does do G722 but has a few bugs
related to G722 that I normally run it with G711 only.  There is a
quality difference between G722 and G711 when talking among the A580
handsets or the handset and my Polycom 450.

Of the DECT handsets, I'd recommend the Siemens.  It is also very
inexpensive.  Beware it has a 3 concurrent calls limit per
base-station.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Dave Stevenson wrote:
>
> Joao,
>
> thanks for the note. The Snom M3 is one of the ones that I was looking at -
> I would be interested in the "Pro's & Cons" ?
>
> RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>

> Interesting about the HD, but do you notice the difference and find that
> you're disappointed with the quality of their sounds ?
>
> Get an ATA with a Dect handset it works much better... the Snom M3 and the
> Aastra are one in the same and they both do not live up to the quality or
> usability requirements.
>

> regards
> Dave

-Rupa