[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch with APR

Gopalakrishnan A.N saigop at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:42:53 PDT 2009

Ok Thanks Mike.
I hope in asterisk it is not there. I was trying some couple of things,

1. when I use Java servlet to dial a call thru asterisk using manager
interface it slows down.

2. when I use the same Java servlet with Freeswitch I feel the speed and
usage in the tomcat. Its bit faster for simultaneous call. whereas in
Asterisk I am not able to see the speed.

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> apr is used primarily for portability and utility, not performance.
> It is used heavily throughout the entire codebase in the core and all
> modules (via our abstraction layer).
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Gopalakrishnan A.N wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I saw the apache portable runtime is included in freeswitch. So
> > far I understand that using APR will give good performance. Am I
> > correct? or it has been used for some other scenarios like even
> > socket or dialplan?

Thank you  with regards,
Gopal,