[Freeswitch-users] fax at pstn with freeswitch

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Wed May 27 23:45:26 PDT 2009

Hello list,

Since I tested the last year lot of T38 implementation with cpe,
asterisk etc.pp. with lots of problems, I would like to have a solution
to handle the fax issue with pstn. How is the mod_fax integrated with
freeswitch? Is there a kind of "softmodem" needed, or could fax directly
handled on a circuit of a sangoma E1 card?

I would like to build a kind of routing device which could handle DDI
correctly and is able to hold calls on TDM for fax.

Example: I have a kind of numbers like
12345-[0-6]
The user has a fax number on 12345-523 and 12345-455. Then I would like
to handle
12345523 => fax-mod at tdm
12345455 => fax-mod at tdm
12345[0-6] => SIP