[Freeswitch-users] Conference users hear MOH until leader enters?

j3flight jcromes at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:19:13 PDT 2009

Anthony - unbelievable!  Thank you so much for implementing that!  I kept
going through the possibilities of using a FIFO, putting the javascript in a
polling loop, or having everyone enter the conference muted and manually
playing MOH.  This feature absolutely makes my code a snap...  Yes, I will
remember the wish-list and I will update the wiki (probably tomorrow
though).

Stephen:  This new feature doesn't provide the ability you're referring
to...  It gives me the ability to make normal users "wait" on a moderator to
open the conference.

However, the capability you're asking for already exists in FreeSwitch by
choosing different "profiles" for your conferences.  Within the
mod_conference config file you can create different profiles which use
different "caller controls" a.k.a. "in-conference dtmf features".  So,
create one profile for your normal users and another identical profile
(except for the caller controls) for your moderators/admins.

When you put them into the conference, you can select your profile like so:
<action application="conference" data="1234 at profile_for_users"/>
<action application="conference" data="1234 at profile_for_moderators"/>

I hope that's all correct - again, I'm new.

Anthony, I will try this out first thing tomorrow!