[Freeswitch-users] Conference users hear MOH until leader enters?

Jason Cromes jcromes at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:38:06 PDT 2009

First off, I apologize if this has been sent multiple times, the mailing
list won't cooperate with me...  Hopefully that is resolved now.

I'm attempting to replicate the behavior of an Asterisk conferencing
system and I need a feature that, I'm surprised to say, doesn't seem to
be supported (easily) in FreeSwitch.

I've setup my dialplan so that when a specific extension is hit, it
calls out to some javascript which acts like an IVR to handle the
prompts and conferencing setup.  (Similar to this:
 http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_confcall_js but with my own
improvements.)  Anyway, the conferences are stored permanently in a
database table, but I need them disabled until the conference owner
dials in and enables his conference.  If other users have entered the
conference prior to the owner, they should hear music-on-hold until the
leader enters.  (The purpose of this is to prevent abuse of conferences
that are, basically, always available.)

This is easy in Asterisk because you can pop someone into MeetMe with
different flags.  So, in my IVR, I prompt for the "conference number"
(known to all) and then the "password" (known only to the owner/leader).
 If the proper password is entered, that user is sent to conference XYZ
with the leader flag set.  If no password is entered, the user goes to
conference XYZ, without the leader flag.  If anyone enters before the
leader, they're told by MeetMe that "the conference will begin when the
leader arrives" and MeetMe provides MOH until that time.

Help!  This is an absolute deal-breaker for my install...  How can I do
this in FreeSwitch?
Thanks...