[Freeswitch-users] Unable to successfully bridge calls to an "external" user

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon May 18 01:45:43 PDT 2009

David Robinson <pawzlion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this correct ? Am I missing something fundamental ?

My suspicion is that the RTP traffic isn't traversing the NAT properly. You
may have to configure the routers at both ends to forward the RTP packets to
the correct destinations. There is a good discussion of NAT on the wiki.

One of the great advantages of IPv6 is that NAT goes away altogether. I've
been achieving quite reasonable call quality even across IPv6-over-IPv4
tunnels.