[Freeswitch-users] Running FreeSwitch in the background

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat May 16 20:14:15 PDT 2009

adamF <adam.falcone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am passing -nc when starting freeswitch and I can receive calls without
> issue initially. If I wait 10-15 then try to place another incoming call
> freeswitch will not pick it up. I haaven't found where anyone else has
> reported this issue so I am at a loss.

Is there a NAT device between your FreeSWITCH system and the SIP endpoints
that are making the calls? I'm assuming these are SIP calls; if not, I would
suggest that you explain the scenario in greater detail.

If there is a NAT device involved, it could well be your problem, and you
could try setting a ping parameter in the relevant FreeSWITCH profile to keep
the NAT port mapping alive.

This might well be a problem that you'll have to solve by reconfiguring the
NAT device (a router, for example), if there is one that is responsible for
your issues.