[Freeswitch-users] Fax through FS to Callweaver. How?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 05:22:38 PDT 2009

hi,

we are doing a lot with freeswitch and everything works absolutely perfect.

the only thing we are missing, is a good support for fax over ip - may
it be for offering a fax-2-mail service or just passing incoming
fax-calls from our fs-servers to a "real" fax-machine.

now we have another server only for callweaver, which has a great
fax-support. if we send faxes from our fax-machine over our
sip-provider (who supports t.38) directly to the cw-server, all faxes
are beeing received and saved by cw. but if we send faxes over the
same sip-provider first to fs and then do a bridge to the cw-server,
all faxes fail.

we set <param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/> in
internal.xml and play with bypass_media=true and/or proxy_media=true
in the dialplan. it simply does not work.

i think and hope that there are some other settings i can change, so
that fs is nothing more than just a "tunnel" and let both sides
communicate with eachother?

does someone know callweaver and can tell me, if there are some
important settings to be set for making it work with fs in the middle?

thanks & kind regards
dennis