[Freeswitch-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Mon May 4 00:57:59 PDT 2009

Mitch Capper wrote:
> You may want to look at the Intel Atom combo machines  you can get a 1.6
> ghz machine probably for around $100-150 USD in a very small form factor
> and very powerful.

Thanks for the tip. Any link where I could check this out?

The cheapest PC's I find are > 230€ (Asus' EeePC), and with not enough room
to stick a PCI card.

Considering a Gigabyte GA-GC220 mobo sells for less than $50 retail + $60
for a PicoPSU, I'm surprised no one has come up with a mass-produced,
CF-based $99 computer box :-/ That would be ideal to build a no-frill,
virus-safe Linux box for web surfing... and a SOHO Freeswitch server.