[Freeswitch-users] Question about FAQ question

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Mar 25 12:07:24 PDT 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Josh Forman wrote:

> I'm running Freeswitch on Ubuntu 64bit Intrepid and on a svn rev
> 12722, freeswitch would install and run fine but as soon as calls
> started coming in it would have a segmentation fault.  This is the
> second svn snapshot I've had this happen on.

Please review http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs

Collect the info and report it on jira.  If it still happens on SVN
trunk as of NOW then please collect the back trace as per the
reporting bugs guide and we'll investigate the issue.

Also be aware if you aren't doing a "make current", you could have
build skew which could be the whole problem all along.  Incorrectly
updating your system will result in all kinds of strange behaviors.

> In the Freeswitch FAQs there is a question concerning segmentation
> fault on ubuntu 64bit except they say it occurs on start.  Their
> solution is to recompile libedit which I plan to try regardless, but I
> just wanted to know if the scenario they refer to is the same as what
> I'm experiencing or was there some other problem where freeswitch
> would segfault while initially loading.

I don't think this is the problem you're having.

> Until then I'm still running rev 12289 on the system that is having
> issues.

This is a rather old REV, How about you report your back trace to jira
as per the instructions above.