[Freeswitch-users] Another fifo request

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:50:16 PDT 2009

Thanks Anthony, for creating the transfer_after_bridge feature for me. Your
rapid actions, are the reason I'm positive I made the right decision switch
to to FS.
I got another challenge to throw your way. In the current fifo
implementation, there's no way to identify which fifo consumer, consumes a
caller--besides using other_leg_unique_id on bridge (ie, there's no way to
pass data between channels when a fifo bridge is created). I want to be able
to transfer some caller information to the consumer channel on bridge, to
populate an agent's screen.

Under normal (non-fifo) circumstances, when a call is bridged, I've used the
'import' channel variable, so that onBridge, the aleg automatically gets
populated with the bleg's 'import' field. However when fifo bridges, it does
not recognize import. In other applications, I've gotten around this by
using bridge_pre_execute_bleg_app/data to throw a custom event but with
fifo, bridge_pre_execute also does not work. I've been looking at the
fifo::info event, but again, there's no fifo_action that directly links
caller variables and consumer variables together.

For now at least, I can get around this by storing uuid information in my
separate database, and looking up the other channel's information based
on other_leg_unique_id, but it would be nice if I could directly see it when
the channel is bridged. Anyway, great program, and I hope you consider
implementing these features to make FS even better. Thanks.

--matt