[Freeswitch-users] 302 redirects and continue_on_fail=true

Jay Binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:49:27 PDT 2009

I have an upstream provider that utilizes a load balancer that spits
back 302 redirects with contact headers

SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
5080;rport=5080;branch=z9hG4bKB6peFDvXZ5S2F;received=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
From: "test" <sip:xxxxxxxxxx at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>;tag=ByFF2244HHvmj
To: <sip:
61xxxxxx920 at yyy.yyy.yyy.yy1>;tag=1288540-274799759-385876096-3219999652
Call-ID: f6dc8d30-edd7-122c-c98e-000e7f301839
CSeq: 117820807 INVITE
Contact: <sip:61xxxxxx920 at yyy.yyy.yyy.yy1:5062>
Server: MERA MVTS3G v.3.10.2-49-Release

in my dialplan I have multiple upstream suppliers in a failover setup
so I setup some vars and sip headers then attempt the bridge.
if it fails I then go on to do the same thing for a few other
suppliers ( setup headers, attempt bridge ) so because of this I use
continue_on_fail=true

it appears Freeswitch sees the 302 as a temp failure and does not
follow the redirect, and instead moves on to the next upstream and
bridges there.

ive read that I can selectively exclude temporary failures from
continue_on_fail but im not sure thats exact enough for this situation.
I do wish for continue_on_fail to ignore 302 moved temporarily but not
ALL temporary failures ( for which there are probably many more causes )

any help would be greatly appreciated as Im not sure the best way to
resolve this.

Jay