[Freeswitch-users] Force SUBSCRIBE or sendevent NOTIFY without subscription

Nick Lemberger Nick.Lemberger at lkfd.net
Tue Jul 7 19:46:15 PDT 2009

Is it possible to force a sofia profile to subscribe to an event or use sendevent to force send a NOTIFY to a SIP endpoint?

I'm trying to use FreeSwitch as a voicemail server but the sending switch doesn't send SIP SUBSCRIBE messages.  I'd like to send unsolicited SIP notifies to turn on MWI indicators as that's what the switch expects.

Any ideas, or is this even possible with FreeSwitch?

Thanks,
Nick