[Freeswitch-users] snd_dummy setting for skype

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Fri Feb 27 04:15:47 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Henry Huang <b_ball_henry at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I went through the wiki on mod_skypiax and see there should be a script to
> make skype work without sound card in linux. Does anyone know where to
> obtain that script to make sound work "without sound card"?

Dear Henry,
I apologize if the wiki page was not clear.

snd-dummy is an ALSA driver (loadable module for the linux kernel)
that you load like the other ALSA modules using the 'modprobe'
command, no need at all to create an asound.conf file.

You can find an example on how to load snd-dummy in the first lines of
the script mod_skypiax/configs/startskype.sh

I modified the wiki page, could you check is now clear?

Thanks for reporting this, please continue to help us!

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
www.celliax.org
via Pierlombardo 9, 20135 Milano