[Freeswitch-users] snd_dummy setting for skype

Henry Huang b_ball_henry at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:32:30 PST 2009

I went through the wiki on mod_skypiax and see there should be a script to
make skype work without sound card in linux. Does anyone know where to
obtain that script to make sound work "without sound card"?

I am currently creating a /etc/asound.conf for skype to load the "fake"
sound driver. I do hear sound, but it's not perfect, it's very choppy and it
gives me error message when starting skype. The following is my asound.conf
setting. Hopefully someone can shed some light :
pcm.plugfile{
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm infile
        format S16_LE
        channels 1
        rate 16000
    }
}

pcm.infile {
    type file
    slave {
        pcm null
    }
    file /dev/dsp
    infile /dev/dsp
}

by using this configuration. skype spit out error messages as follow but
still works:
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL plugfile
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL infile

--
Henry Huang
UniC Solution - Communication Unified