[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH VPSs

Nik Martin freeswitch at servercorps.com
Wed Feb 11 17:59:50 PST 2009

My goal is obviously not to provide carrier grade VOIP switch service,
but a platform for sandbox testing of configurations, SOHO VOIP
Switches, development of FS addons, backup switch capability, etc.
Doing this stuff at home behind NAT and a consumer grade router is one
reason Brian, Anthony, Mike, et al. are half crazy.  I run my
company's phone switch in a 32 bit OpenVZ VE with 256 Mb ram, and have
no issues.  When I goof around trying to transcode between 8 and 16
bit codecs and whatnot, sure it gets tight, but FS on an idle system
keeps 23 mb of of ram resident, and rarely if ever hits a 256 mb bean
counter (limit).

Also, these limits are not hard, I just know what my hardware has, and
am trying to offer as much value as I can for what I have in the
systems.  128 Gb of ECC ram and Quad/Quad Core zeons are still pretty
pricey!

Nik