[Freeswitch-users] Generating calls from external source

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Feb 2 17:16:43 PST 2009

Nik,

Welcome to FreeSWITCH! The short answer is "yes, FS can do that." The
first thing that you should do is unlearn "the Asterisk way" of
thinking. Usually there is an elegant way of doing things in FS that
wasn't possible in Ast.

I would recommend that you start by looking at the event socket, which
is somewhat analogous to the AMI only cooler. :) I have personally
done something similar to this using the event socket and a Perl
script. The key is to learn the syntax of the originate command.
(definitely hit the wiki and IRC channel)

Are you using TDM cards for this? Just curious.

-MC (IRC nick: mercutioviz)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2009, at 3:35 PM, "Nik Middleton" <nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk