[Freeswitch-users] Generating calls from external source

Nik Middleton nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 15:35:51 PST 2009

Hi Guys,

As a long time Asterisk user, I'm looking into freeswitch as an
alternative mainly due to (list multiple reasons here)

Can anyone give me a pointer as to how I would achieve the following?

I need to replicate an emergency broadcast system currently running
under Asterisk.

At the moment, I run through a Mysql database and using the manager API,
issues an Originate command to dial a number.

When the call is answered, a message is played, and the recipient has
the option of hitting a digit to confirm receipt.  I then call an AGI
script to update the database.

Is this fairly easy to do in Freeswitch?

Not looking for code, just some pointers as to what's available to do
the above /

Regards,