[Freeswitch-users] MacOSX

Martin Joseph astmac at stillnewt.org
Sun Dec 27 10:52:51 PST 2009

On Dec 24, 2009, at 8:40 PM, jonathan augenstine wrote:

> Ken,
>
> The process is the same for all UNIX like platforms.  You run
>
> - bootstrap.sh
> - configure
> - make
> - make install
>
> Jonathan
<copied from below>

Actually,  with the release tarballs you don't do bootstrap.sh (unless
I am mistaken).

I have been building FreeSWITCH on OSX for quite a while (over a
year), with good results.  I have NOT had any luck building from the
SVN, as it seems to throw weird errors on my problems on my platform
of choice (PPC OSX Tiger), but the released tarballs seem to work ok
(even the pre-release tarballs).

I also think that making an OSX package of freeswitch sounds nice,
but is a bad idea, UNLESS it's set up in an automated fashion that can
stay up to date with changes.  Otherwise, lazy OSX people get stuck
installing an artifact rather then the best available FreeSWITCH. This
happened with Asterisk with the Sunrise telecom people.  They ended up
creating more problems then good as even years after the fact, silly
mac people where still installing the OLD compromised, buggy version
just because it was in an OSX installer...

Hope this Helps,
Marty