[Freeswitch-users] hardware requirement to run voip application

ovvenkat ovvenkatesan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:03:40 PST 2009

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your quick reply and suggestion. I will try with
SPA3102 then.

Thanks again.

Venkat.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Dave Stevenson
<stevendt at primrosebank.net>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am almost as new to all this as you, but, here is the benefit of my
> "experience" !
>
> I cannot suggest any alternative hardware for you, although I'm sure others
> will, but can confirm that the SPA3102 is "FreeSwitch Friendly" - or rather,
> FreeSwitch is SPA3102 Friendly !
>
> I started off with Softphones too, then added a few SIP hardware phones.
>
> With FreeSwitch installed and working locally, I then added the SPA3102 to
> allow me to dial out on the PSTN line.
>
> The SPA3102 was fairly straightforward to setup, but see the Wiki for the
> Linksys bug on RTP packet size that you'll need to adjust in the SPA3102
> setup
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SPA3102_FreeSwitch_HowTo
>
> regards
> Dave

If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time.
If you have come to because your liberation is bound up in mine, we can work
together.

Regards
Venkatesan OV.