[Freeswitch-users] Lua and database access to core_db

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Dec 8 09:39:16 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Jon Bruel <jbr at consiglia.dk> wrote:

>  I got the combination Lua with direct access to the core Sqlite database
> to work. Hurray, maybe I’m not as stupid as A.M II hints…

Tsk tsk! He didn't actually hint that you were "stupid" - all he said was
that doing ODBC and configuring databases isn't something as simple as
flipping on a switch. It takes a bit of knowledge, much of which is
hard-earned through experience. Trying to get it all up and running by
emailing the list every time something goes wrong is like trying to learning
how to change the oil in your car and emailing the Audi-users list every
time something doesn't go as expected: yeah, you can probably learn
something, possibly you can get it working, but it's grossly inefficient.
You'd be much better off paying someone a few euros to come out and give you
a lesson because in the long run it would save you both time and money.

Just my $0.02. (Don't know what that is in euros...)

-MC