[Freeswitch-users] Mutual Registration of servers

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Dec 7 09:43:17 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Samuel Abekah-Mensah <abeka at greatiam.com>wrote:

> Pardon me if this has been addressed already.
> How does one go about having in the simplest instance 2 servers
> registering with each other on startup whereby the users registering
> would be able to call each other.
> The 2 servers are in different domains.
>
> Thanks.

Are the two servers in different locations? Different LANs? Is NAT involved?
Just checking. Really this is just a matter of loading the default config on
each machine and then making some decisions about the dialplan: do you want
prefix dialing so that you can have ext 1000 at both locations or do you
want to have something like 1000~1099 at location A and 1100~1199 at
location B? From there it's just a matter of creating the gateways on each
machine and adding a dialplan entry to handle the routing.
-MC