[Freeswitch-users] Translating DTMF from RFC2833 to INFO

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 03:59:01 PST 2009

Hello Metik,

2009/12/6 Metik <freeswitch-users-list at metik.com>

> You previously stated that your Cisco gateway has some "bug" that
> prevents you from using RFC2833, did you enable "dtmf-relay rtp-nte" on
> the voip dial-peer that the call is using?

It is a PSTN dialpeer here, and it cannot be defined on it...

> Unless you have configured the Cisco to support assymetric SDP or are
> using a non-default "rtp payload-type nte" setting that does not agree
> to well with FS's (default) "rfc2833-pt" setting, you should not have to
> use (SIP) INFO unless you want to.
>
> I would recommend doing the following to ensure you are hitting the
> correct dial-peer and it is configured for RFC 2833 ("rtp-nte"):
>
> command: show dialplan number [number] | i (dtmf-relay|DTMF Relay)

Unfortunately this does not work on PSTN dial peers.

> Also, you can sift through "show sip-ua calls" for the call and ensure
> that the value of "Negotiated Dtmf-relay" is "rtp-nte".

This indeed shows that it has negotiated rtp-nte. Even when I do debug for
CCAPI events (I think) I see it decodes the DTMFs; however, it ignores them
while it accepts them via INFO. As I said: I guess this is a bug.

Since the gateway is on a remote site I hesitate on upgrading it until I hae
the chance to go there.

                          Thanks, __Yehavi: