[Freeswitch-users] Translating DTMF from RFC2833 to INFO

Metik freeswitch-users-list at metik.com
Sun Dec 6 02:24:26 PST 2009

You previously stated that your Cisco gateway has some "bug" that
prevents you from using RFC2833, did you enable "dtmf-relay rtp-nte" on
the voip dial-peer that the call is using?

Unless you have configured the Cisco to support assymetric SDP or are
using a non-default "rtp payload-type nte" setting that does not agree
to well with FS's (default) "rfc2833-pt" setting, you should not have to
use (SIP) INFO unless you want to.

I would recommend doing the following to ensure you are hitting the
correct dial-peer and it is configured for RFC 2833 ("rtp-nte"):

command: show dialplan number [number] | i (dtmf-relay|DTMF Relay)

output:
        DTMF Relay = enabled,
        dtmf-relay = rtp-nte,

example:

show dialplan number 5551212 | i (dtmf-relay|DTMF Relay)
        DTMF Relay = enabled,
        dtmf-relay = rtp-nte,

Also, you can sift through "show sip-ua calls" for the call and ensure
that the value of "Negotiated Dtmf-relay" is "rtp-nte".

-metik