[Freeswitch-users] Caller Authentication

Max Bridgewater max.bridgewater at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:25:45 PDT 2009

Guys,

This question might be a bit off-topic, so please bear with me as i could
hardly find a better place to solicit some help.
I suspect caller authentication can be challenging in the broader context of
VoIP/SIP. Now, if we restrict the set of calls to those coming from the GSM
network, is there a way to tell if the Caller Id is coming from the right
source?  It doesn't need to be a bulletproofed solution. For instance, if i
can already say that a given call is certainly coming from a GSM network
(and that the call metadata weren't tampered with), i could maybe rely on
the GSM authentication mechanism.

Any idea?
Max.