[Freeswitch-users] memory leak

Benedikt Fraunhofer fraunhofer.lists.freeswitch-001 at traced.net
Thu Aug 27 09:22:15 PDT 2009

Hello Anthony,

2009/8/27 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:

> 600k is not a leak? FS can use as much as a gig of ram or more depending on
> what you are doing.

it's 600*1024 * 4* 1024 /1024/1024 => ~ 2.4 Gig
that's what i tried to express with the "physical pages" in my first post.

> you may want to install a fresh copy of FS, removing all your old files etc
> and make sure they build clean.

i "make current" to get the SOFIA-22 bugfix.

> We also have not had much luck running on ubuntu which is more of a desktop
> centric OS.

really? even the "server" edition? (not the netbook remix :)
Is 64bit so grave different if i don't need to address more than 4 Gig
of ram per process?

> I recommend you try your application on 64 bit CentOS which is the platform
> all of our paid customers use.

hmm. our operations-people wont be happy with that.

But as i carefully followed the other mailing-list-threads it came to
my mind that i could be the culprit: somehow the original example.xml
came back into the directory tree and included a lot of things, most
notably the hash-inserts for last-dailed-numbers and stuff.
I stripped it down to what it was before and gave it another try.

thx again and (hopefully) sorry

  Beni.