[Freeswitch-users] Call exits after 120 seconds with hangup cause

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:59:33 PDT 2009

> You have a NAT issue.

as i wrote, we are quite sure, that this is a nat problem. but we have
no idea how we could fix this. there must be a reason, why the hangup
always comes after 120 seconds.

>    <!--RTP port range -->
>    <param name="rtp-start-port" value="10000"/>
>    <param name="rtp-end-port" value="32767"/>

we tested that, but this does not change anything (nothing becomes
worse or better).

> param name="session-timeout" value="120"

this line is commented in our profile and we believe, that this has
nothing to do with our problem.

to tell a little bit more about our problem:

under http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/General_NAT_example_scenarios#Scenario_2
you can find the scenario, which is exactly like ours. we played with
all the mentioned settings, but it does not work.

to mention one thing: if we connect with xlite (softphone), we do not
have any problems. but we have snom-voip-phones and with them we have
the problems.

the big question is: wo or what might cause/trigger the hangup? is it
freeswitch or something else? we have a firewall (IPCop) - might there
be a setting, which needs to be set, to avoid theses problems?

kind regards
dennis