[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch vs. Asterisk speed on ARM
rogelio.perez at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:15:13 PDT 2009
I'm working on a PBX project for the Sheevaplug ARM based computer,
with the following specs: CPU 1.2 GHz, 512MB DDR2, no FPU.
So far I've found a big difference between Freeswitch and Asterisk
This is a comparison of the time it takes them to perform different
startup Freeswitch: 3 min.
startup Asterisk: 2 sec.
call extension Freeswitch: 6 sec.
call extension Asterisk: 0 sec.
shutdown Freeswitch: 6.5 sec
shutdown Asterisk: 0 sec.
reload config Freeswitch: 1 sec.
reload config Asterisk: 1 sec.
Both were built from sources natively (no cross-compiling), and they
use the default startup configurations.
I have managed to lower the Freeswitch times by disabling most of the
modules and recompiling, but it is still far away from Asterisk (i.e.
FS startup time 2.5 min).
1. Is there any way to further improve Freeswitch performance for the
2. Can this be related to the lack of a FPU (the Sheevalug emulates
the floating point operations).
3. On the startup I see this error repeated many times: [ERR]
switch_core_sqldb.c:95 SQL ERR [database is locked]. Can this be
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users