[Freeswitch-users] How to delay IVR answer during an outbound call

Paul Li plite2012 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:23:33 PDT 2009

I am actually doing a lua script for IVR as follows

-- answer the call
session:answer();

while session:ready() == true do
	-- sleep a second
	session:sleep(1000);

	-- play a file
	session:streamFile("/path/to/blah.wav");

	-- hangup
	session:hangup();
end

The problem lies in: when I picked up my phone, blah.wav was already
played for a while, instead of from the beginning.

I shall greatly appreciate any input.