[Freeswitch-users] Error trying to use PHP ESL

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Fri Aug 7 19:56:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 06:10:25PM -0400, Nicolas Brenner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get started with the ESL using PHP. I compiled the ESL, then
> phpmod according to the wiki instructions, but then when I try the examples
> in the libs/esl/php dir, they fail saying:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare ESLconnection::__construct() in
> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/esl/php/ESL.php on line 132
>
> Checking ESL.php on line 132, I see there are several different declarations
> for the function __construct() with different parameters each, which makes
> sense, but doens't work. I am using PHP 5.1.6, is there a required minimum
> higher than that or something? What could be the problem?

Someone in the IRC channel mentioned this too. I looked at it briefly
and it looks like the latest 'swigall' screwed it up. The original
reporter said he'd file a jira, but you may want to check yourself and
if not make one yourself. In the meantime, the previous version of the
file was reported to work if you really need it.

Andrew