[Freeswitch-users] Error trying to use PHP ESL

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Fri Aug 7 15:10:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get started with the ESL using PHP. I compiled the ESL, then
phpmod according to the wiki instructions, but then when I try the examples
in the libs/esl/php dir, they fail saying:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare ESLconnection::__construct() in
/usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/esl/php/ESL.php on line 132

Checking ESL.php on line 132, I see there are several different declarations
for the function __construct() with different parameters each, which makes
sense, but doens't work. I am using PHP 5.1.6, is there a required minimum
higher than that or something? What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Nicolas