[Freeswitch-users] Internal.xml using Public context/dialplan?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Apr 28 05:51:57 PDT 2009

Thanks Brian. I'd like to make sure I finally got how dialplans, contexts,
domains, SIP profiles, and extensions in the directory work together:

"Freeswitch supports different SIP profiles in conf/sip_profiles/
("internal.xml", "external.xml", etc.), which are loaded through
conf/autoload_configs/sofia.conf.xml. Each profile maps to a domain, which
corresponds to the part after @ (eg. "1000 at 192.168.0.1": The Freeswitch
server is listening on 192.168.0.1, and this is the domain to which
extension 1000 belongs.)

Each profile also maps to a context (dialplan) located under conf/dialplan/.
Note that, for security reasons, by default, all SIP profiles are set to use
the Public context; Internal extensions must map to the Default (private)
context explicitely through the "user_context" variable.

Extensions are located under conf/directory/. Each sub-directory matches the
domain to which an extension belongs. As set in conf/vars.xml, the default
domain matches the server's IP address which itself maps to the Default
domain, so all extensions that belong to this domain are located under
conf/directory/default/."

Is this correct?