[Freeswitch-users] Debug for a certain context?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Apr 17 11:09:48 PDT 2009

2009/4/15 Ron McCarthy <ronmccar at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> We have several context setup with different users, all in the directory
> with IP based auth.
>
> Anyway we can turn on debug for just one context/user in the directory,
> when lots of people are making calls it's hard to see traffic to just for
> one user, and troubleshoot.

The only way I've been able to do anything close to this is to parse the log
files after the fact, but even then it's not easy. I find the channel name
and/or uuid of the call and then grep the log file for either of those. I
recommend using log rotation if you are going to do that otherwise you'll
have huge files to deal with. (I like using "fsctl send_sighup" for that.)

> Also, anyway you can show the status of a user in the directory? Far as
> like if the other side is reachable, I have not been able to find a way to!

Do you mean if the user is offhook or not? Or just if the phone is
registered? You can use the FS API command "user_exists":

user_exists id 1000 192.168.1.1

returns "true" or "false"

-MC