[Freeswitch-users] Re-2: FreeSwitch Complex IVR System

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 10:02:57 PDT 2009

Hi Guido,

The event socket interface will give you DTMF events for bridged calls -
just tried it and it works fine.  There's one mild snag, which is that
outbound sockets (which are easier for inbound call handling) will only
give you events relating to the specific call leg that's attached to
that socket - i.e. you can use an outbound socket app to bridge that leg
to an outbound call leg just fine, but you won't get events related to
that outbound call.

So what we do is use an outbound socket app for call control and
scripting, and have a separate inbound socket app which listens for call
state changes and DTMF on all call legs, and a database table which
glues the two together.

Cheers --

Dave