[Freeswitch-users] DTMF issues/question

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:05:09 PDT 2008

2833 is the default.
INBAND is not a function of the sip module it's implemented on top of the
abstraction layer.

Are you doing trans coding or different ptimes between the 2 legs?

you might want to turn up the debug log "press f8" and you will pretty
verbose logging of the 2833.
also consider taking a pcap of the network traffic.

What is the provider? 2833 is notoriously done wrong to the point that doing
it exactly right can put you at a disadvantage.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Marc Lewis <marc at avvatel.com> wrote:

> I've been having a problem getting DTMF passed through from registered
> phones to my termination provider.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it
> doesn't.  My provider is set for rfc2833.
>
> In looking through the mod_sofia.conf.xml file, and the sofia sources,
> it appears that the only two options for DTMF are info and rfc2833.
> I've tried various combinations and the only thing that ever seems to
> even sometimes work is if pass-rfc2833 is set to true.  I've tried this
> with Linksys SPA 942 phones, Grandstream GXP 2000 phones and Cisco 7940
> phones.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.  I've also tried various
> dtmf-durations and that didn't seem to have an effect either.
>
> However, after doing various searches it appears that not explicitly
> setting a dtmf-type in a sofia profile, it defaults to using inband DTMF.
>
> Is this correct?  If inband DTMF is the default, then I will have my
> termination provider switch my account over to using inband instead of
> rfc2833.
>
>  - Marc
>
> --
> Marc Lewis