[Freeswitch-users] DTMF issues/question

Marc Lewis marc at avvatel.com
Thu Sep 11 14:58:18 PDT 2008

I've been having a problem getting DTMF passed through from registered
phones to my termination provider.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't.  My provider is set for rfc2833.

In looking through the mod_sofia.conf.xml file, and the sofia sources,
it appears that the only two options for DTMF are info and rfc2833.
I've tried various combinations and the only thing that ever seems to
even sometimes work is if pass-rfc2833 is set to true.  I've tried this
with Linksys SPA 942 phones, Grandstream GXP 2000 phones and Cisco 7940
phones.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.  I've also tried various
dtmf-durations and that didn't seem to have an effect either.

However, after doing various searches it appears that not explicitly
setting a dtmf-type in a sofia profile, it defaults to using inband DTMF.

Is this correct?  If inband DTMF is the default, then I will have my
termination provider switch my account over to using inband instead of
rfc2833.

 - Marc

--
Marc Lewis