[Freeswitch-users] post-hangup processing

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:06:45 PDT 2008

When you call hangup from a script the message will not be sent until you
exit the script because
the state change to hangup first requires that the script be finished.

The best approach is to connect a process to event_socket or monitor the CDR
for the call data and do the post-processing from a separate dedicated post
processing system.

you can set as many channel variables as you want from your script that will
be available in the CDR.

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Novak Joe <joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am new to freeswitch, and have successfully set it up with
> mod_python, and put together some IVR dialogues.
>  It seems amazingly easy to use, however I have a question about
> running post-processing after a hangup.
>  I would like to run some time-consuming post processing on the
> recordings I make, after I hang up and I'm not sure how best to
> approach this.
>  I would prefer not to use the async module as I am not so familiar
> with twisted, and I note that at the moment I can hangup up the call
> and have no problem processing the data I've recorded, however I also
> note that if I don't hang up the call, my sip client stays on the line
> until the processing finishes.  I tried to send
> session.hangup("1")
>  before I run the post processing commands, but this doesn't seem to
> have any effect.  It seems there must be a way to get around using
> twisted, but maybe not?
>
>  Cheers

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/