[Freeswitch-users] post-hangup processing

Novak Joe joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:33:23 PDT 2008

Hi,
 I am new to freeswitch, and have successfully set it up with
mod_python, and put together some IVR dialogues.
 It seems amazingly easy to use, however I have a question about
running post-processing after a hangup.
 I would like to run some time-consuming post processing on the
recordings I make, after I hang up and I'm not sure how best to
approach this.
 I would prefer not to use the async module as I am not so familiar
with twisted, and I note that at the moment I can hangup up the call
and have no problem processing the data I've recorded, however I also
note that if I don't hang up the call, my sip client stays on the line
until the processing finishes.  I tried to send
session.hangup("1")
  before I run the post processing commands, but this doesn't seem to
have any effect.  It seems there must be a way to get around using
twisted, but maybe not?

  Cheers