[Freeswitch-users] mod_cdr revival (or new module maybe)

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Oct 29 14:05:33 PDT 2008

> Yes, I agree. But one could use the two methods combined (csv or xml +
> db) for redundancy.
>
> Is there any consideration regarding automatic log rotation (e.g.
> hourly, or user specified)
> without the need of a HUP? Now, that could make things a lot easier
for
> the development of
> an external csv to db aggregation script because the script would read
> from a closed (not used by freeswitch
> at the time) CDRs file. And the developer could be sure that the cdrs
> contained in that file would
> have a hangup timestamp that could be described by the filename (e.g.
> 20080101_010000.csv).

For the record, I've been dumping all my XML CDRs into a particular
directory and letting a script pick them up and process them. I think
this is the best of both worlds: you get individual files with tons of
info on each call and you can have a process that picks up those files
and inserts them into the db. If the db is down then the CDRs aren't
lost - they just accumulate in the directory until you get the db/script
thing working again.

Just my $.02

-MC