[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and XML-RPC

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 08:50:10 PDT 2008

xml-rpc is mostly for sending FSAPI commands to the system, "anything you
see when you type show api at the cli which happens to include the show
command itself"

you can also write your own code in C or js or lua or any other lang and
access it directly over the web in the same
way you would access a cgi where your code can write out the content-type
etc.

if you want to control calls on a per-call basis you would want to look and
mod_event_socket (socket dialplan application)

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Gayatri Kulkarni <xtpl.gayatri at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_rpc
>
> Plus, for streaming a file, see to it that you can use port 8080 for it
> for instance, if you want to read the logfile say - freeswitch.log,
> configure logfile.conf.xml to to generate the logs in the htdocs directory -
> root for xml rpc. You can definitely access it from there
>

> --
> Regards,
> Gayatri Kulkarni
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Klaus Teller <klaus.teller at gmx.net>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems i can send commands to Freeswitch using XML-RPC. The only
>> document i could find on this is:
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_XML-RPC
>>
>> Given that i'm using Java, i was wondering what else (beside originating a
>> call) can I do via XML-RPC. How do i send for instance DTMF read requests,
>> how do i send a request to stream a file?
>>
>> Any other document i could check to know what i can do with this?
>>

>> I would think that most of the functions that are available through
>> Javascript are available via XML-RPC. But how do i send these commands?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Klaus.
>>

>> --
>> Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
>> Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/